ENERGY STAR® qualified
- Save energy – HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don’t.
- Reduce energy use with Instant-on Technology.
- Free, convenient cartridge recycling in 53 countries.
Make your business look its best with high-performance colour.
- Create marketing materials with realistic colour and crisp detail thanks to HP Easy Color.
- Increase colour accuracy with HP ImageREt 3600 and HP ColorSphere toner technology.
- Achieve low-cost, high-quality printing right out of the box, with a complete set of cartridges – on average, nearly two times more black toner and more than two times the colour toner of leading competitors.
- Print black text affordably, using an optional high-capacity black print cartridge.
Invest in a printer that's as easy to use as it is to manage.
- Manage jobs directly from the printer’s four-line colour control panel, and easily print from a USB flash drive.
- Make printing as mobile as you are with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere.
- Keep confidential information secure by requiring a PIN to retrieve print jobs and protect data with the HP High-Performance Secure Hard Disk.
- Easily control colour usage with HP Color Access Control, and proactively manage printing environments with industry-leading HP Web Jetadmin.
Take advantage of inventive expandability options.
- Easily update, manage and extend printer capabilities, using HP FutureSmart Firmware.
- Take advantage of the HP Solutions Business Partners programme, enabling you to access HP certified solutions from industry-leading partners.
- Incorporate optional productivity and security solutions easily, using the hardware integration pocket.
- Improve productivity: this workhorse colour laser printer gives you up to 1,100-sheet capacity to save time and complete large print jobs without reloading.
Enjoy outstanding energy and paper savings.
- Reduce energy use by 19% to 66% by setting the Auto-On/Auto-Off mode. Save even more energy with Instant-on Technology which speeds warm-up and cool-down times.
- Collect data, control settings and create useful reports using HP EcoSMART Fleet.
- Save time with convenient cartridge installation, and get free, easy cartridge recycling.
- Conserve resources and get up to 50% paper-savings using automatic two-sided printing.
|Maximum resolution||1200 x 1200 DPI|
|Maximum duty cycle||75000 pages per month|
|Print speed (black, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||32 ppm|
|Print speed (colour, normal quality, A4/US Letter)||32 ppm|
|Time to first page (black, normal)||11 s|
|Time to first page (colour, normal)||11 s|
|Maximum internal memory||1024 MB|
|Processor clock speed||800 MHz|
|Built-in processor||ARM Cortex-A8|
|Standard input capacity||600 sheets|
|Number of standard paper trays||2|
|Standard output capacity||250 sheets|
|ISO A-series sizes (A0...A9)||A4, A5, A6|
|Maximum print size||A4 / Letter (216 x 297 mm)|
|Standard tray media types||Bond paper, Envelopes, Glossy paper, Labels, Plain paper, Recycled paper, Transparencies|
|Envelopes sizes||B5, C6, DL|
|Standard interfaces||Ethernet, USB 2.0|
|Ethernet LAN connection||Yes|
|Number of print cartridges||4|
|Power consumption (typical)||605 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||51 W|
|Power consumption (off)||0.3 W|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||514 x 491 x 385 mm|
|Networking features||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Networking standards||IEEE 802.3az|
|Product name||HP Color LaserJet Enterprise M551n Printer|